Sunday, May 10, 2015

In Honor of My Mom: Organizing in Blue for 2015

small fabric bucket with blue polka dots

Eight years ago today, my mom died of pancreatic cancer. It’s an especially poignant day this year, since May 10 falls on Mother’s Day. My mom’s favorite color was blue, so this is my annual tribute to her: blue containers and other organizing-related products. Let’s start with this small fabric bucket, which comes from Nik J Designs.


4 magnets, in blue and yellow, with bicycle designs

These glass magnets come from Tanner Glass. These caught my eye because I remember Mom insisting I learn to ride a bike — but I was never very good at it.


small glass tray, blue and clear

Greg Stefan Studios has a wide variety of small glass trays.


stack of 4 lacquer trays; top one is black exterior, blue interior

Nom Living provides lacquer trays in a range of shapes, sizes and colors.


leather bookend, blue, that holds a photograph

Finally, Mom would probably have liked the Evolution Photograph Bookend from David Linley, as long as she didn’t see the price tag.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Beautiful choices, Jeri! This is a lovely way to honor your Mom's memory. I especially like the blue glass trays.

Julie Bestry said...

Lovely selections, especially the lacquer trays. This is a beautiful tradition.

Jeri Dansky said...

Thank you, Louise and Julie!