Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reader Question: Nesting Cookie Tins

3 nesting tins, geese

I'm set for cookie jars, but I have been looking for cookie tins that nest. I can't find them anywhere. Around Christmas I need 10 cookie tins the rest of the time I need around 2. Has anybody seen some? -- anonymous commenter

I'm only finding a limited number of options in the USA; one is this set of Christmas geese nesting tins.


two nesting Christmas tins

Someone on eBay is selling this set.


3 round nesting tins

And while Emma Bridgewater cake tins - in a number of patterns - come from the U.K., you can find U.S.-based sellers for at least some of the products/patterns. (Note: You can also get square nesting tins, in the polka dot pattern - at least from the U.K. store.)


four nesting tins

Now, if you're OK with buying from a U.K.-based company, the options expand quite a bit. This is the only 4-tin set I found.


polka dot nesting tins

This polka dot set is available from many stores, such as Fields of Blue, Blendboutique, and Letterbox.


3 nesting tins

The Nigella Lawson tins, in cream or black, can be found at BlissHome. You can also get the cream-colored ones from Heal's.


two nesting tins

The Emma Ball set of two nesting tins can also be found on the John Lewis web site.

And you could also look at the Cats Sleep Anywhere tins, which I wrote about back in February 2009.

7 comments:

MarySees said...

Thanks for the great tins post! I especially love the watercolor tins and the cat tins. I would buy the cat tins, but they are too pricey for me.

Sandra said...

I feel like I have seen these at Walgreens before, but it's probably too late after the holiday for them to have any left, anyhow. I seem to recall sets of 3 or so.

Jeri Dansky said...

Glad you liked the post, MarySees!

Sandra, I know what you mean; I would expect to find these at places like Walgreens (and Target, and similar stores), but I'm sure not finding them online. I'm guessing you're right, and that they're only stocked seasonally, before Christmas.

Gail of A Fresh Start said...

I have also seen them at Big Lots for great deals, but it may be a seasonal item there as well. Online may be the way to go. You can also check out thrift shops as people may have discarded them after the holidays.

Jeri Dansky said...

Checking thrift stores sounds like a good idea, Gail.

Linda the shopaholic! said...

Michaels, Hobby Lobby and JoAnns usually have these around the holidays, however, I am sure I have seen some at other times of the year also. May be worth a look-see when you are in the neighborhood!

Jeri Dansky said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Linda!